This site is designed to get the details on neighborhoods, Charleston, historic homes, the islands, beachfront, Mt Pleasant, West Ashley, condos, luxury properties - estates, waterfront, golf, and new construction. Rollover the PHOTO to access information - then click! For searching property, please visit Classic Charleston for the fastest most efficient search engine to help when you are ready to really search for the specifics.
ABOUT THE CHARLESTON AREA
UNDERSTANDING CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA
The Charleston area can be easily understood by dividing the area into seven different regions separate from the islands, and then understanding the differences between the numerous surrounding islands.
The Charleston area spans over 3,000 square miles and encompasses many diverse neighborhoods, each with it’s own way of life, scenery and aesthetic. With so many choices, deciding which neighborhood is right for your lifestyle requires local expertise!
Charlestonians are world-renowned for their hospitality and friendliness. In fact, Conde’ Nast named us the “Friendliest City in America” for the last two years running. If you’re relocating from another state or country, you’ll find it’s easy to quickly establish a good life in Charleston. People from all over the world put down new roots in our beautiful city, so you’ll find that locals welcome new ideas and traditions while sharing the old customs that give the Lowcountry its unique charm. Come join us for oyster roasts, sunset sails, horse drawn carriage rides, long walks down cobblestone streets and old-fashioned Sunday brunches.
Of course, every dreamer has to be practical too – just know that Charleston is one of the safest cities in the country, has excellent educational opportunities for all ages, and our economy is one of the fastest growing and most stable in the nation.
Here are some facts:
• Charleston’s economy is performing better than the rest of the U.S. overall
• Employment is growing twice as fast as the U.S. overall
• Unemployment is lower than national average
• Even during the Great Recession, Charleston jobs rose by 11.5%
• Charleston is a world-class hub for Aerospace, Bio-med, Energy, IT and IT Security
• Our IT industry is growing so fast we’re known as the ‘Silicon Harbor’
• Charleston schools consistently rank above national average
• Charleston is safe with a Crime Index of 22 (higher is better) – and Mount Pleasant scores a 44! Compared that to popular cities like Cleveland (2), Savannah (2) and Portland (2).
Charleston is America’s most vibrant, classic coastal city, and I’d love to help you find your own perfect piece of paradise. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your dream home – call or email me today and let’s get started!
And WHY CHARLESTON?
Arts, Culture & Entertainment
Spas, Health & Wellness
Sporting Events & Teams Nightlife
To learn about the statistics of the Charleston areas,
Travel time to Work